24 I.S. Limited – Terms of Business
1. Definitions and Interpretation: “Client” means the hirer, be they an individual or business, who has requested 24 I.S. engage in the sales or marketing efforts, or both, on their behalf. “In any capacity” includes without limitation on a permanent, part-time, temporary, monthly retainer, pilot, or daily rate basis, as applicable.
“24 I.S.” means 24 I.S. Limited, 1 Rushcliffe Drive, Meir Park, Stoke on Trent, Staffordshire ST3 7UQ. “Terms of Business” means these Terms of Business, any documents agreed or issued pursuant to the terms herein and any agreed variations.
2. These Terms of Business take effect from 1st August 2012 and supersede any previous terms of business issued by 24 I.S.
3. By payment of an invoice from 24 I.S., or by agreeing to engage or make use of the services of 24 I.S. either in writing or verbally, in any capacity, the Client is deemed to have accepted these Terms of Business.
4. No variation of these Terms of Business is valid or shall be binding on 24 I.S. unless confirmed in writing to the Client.
5. All fees and charges are payable as specified on the invoice and payment should be made to 24 I.S. Limited, 1 Rushcliffe Drive, Meir Park, Stoke on Trent, Staffordshire ST3 7UQ.
6. VAT is payable at the prevailing rate unless otherwise stated.
7. 24 I.S. reserves the right to charge interest on all invoices raised from the last date that payment was due until the date of payment calculated at the rate of 2% per calendar month or part thereof.
8. If, within 24 months of engagement of using the services of 24 I.S. and unless otherwise agreed, if any employee of 24 I.S. or any of its subsidiary companies with whom the Client has dealt during that 24 month period is engaged by the Client in any capacity, either directly or indirectly, or via any third-party route, these Terms of Business will apply and the Client will be liable to 24 I.S. for an introduction fee of £40,000 without entitlement to a rebate, and will be invoiced at the point an offer of employment is made. Interest at the rate of 2% per calendar month or part thereof will be applied from the date of appointment until payment of the invoice without concession.
9. All services are offered on a best endeavours basis, and no guarantees on performance are offered unless provided in writing by 24 I.S.
10. 24 I.S. will not accept any consequential loss claims whatsoever resulting from any engagement of its services.
11. Our total liability to the Client in respect of any services is limited to the total amount paid to us during the contract term for such services.
12. Unless specified by 24 I.S. in writing, should any client wish to cancel an incomplete transaction with 24 I.S., notice should be given to 24 I.S. detailing the reasons why, and from receipt of notification, 24 I.S. will have 28 days to take corrective action and remedy any issues on condition that the requested volume of new calling data is provided to 24. Any refunds payable will take into account any unpaid fees, and the time spent on an exercise, and/or the time taken to take corrective action. Refunds would only be made in extreme circumstances and would be payable in the calendar month following the completion of any corrective action.
13. The offering of financial incentives, bonuses, gifts as well as invitations to events to members of 24 I.S. staff without the prior knowledge and consent of 24 I.S. Directors will be deemed to be a material breach of these Terms of Business and may result in the cessation of services with no refund.
14. No monetary refunds will be made where the client deems that they have purchased too many days, weeks or months, rather the credits can be banked and used for services at a later date.
15. If a client cancels prior to the start of a campaign and invoices have been raised and provisions made i.e. training time, data and campaign shaping, as well as start date/time agreed and allocated, then full payment will be required unless agreed in writing by one of the Company Directors of 24 I.S.
16. 24 I.S. may terminate the provision of Services if the Customer is in material breach of these Terms of Business and has not remedied such breach within ten days of notice specifying the breach and requiring that it be remedied.
17. 24 I.S. may terminate the provision of Services with no refund if the Customer becomes insolvent, ceases to trade or goes into administration or liquidation.
18. Any modifications to our Terms of Business will only be valid if offered in writing by one of the Company Directors of 24 I.S. – should any modification by offered or made by any employee of 24 I.S. without notice in writing by a Company Director of 24 I.S., they will be deemed unenforceable and null and void with respect to these Terms of Business.
19. If any provision or part thereof of these Terms of Business is held to be illegal or unenforceable the validity or enforceability of the remainder of the relevant provision and the Terms of Business shall not be affected.
20. These Terms of Business shall be governed by English law and the parties submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales.